Wednesday, July 13, 2011

~ beckoning for a banquette ~

I
've been entertaining with
the idea that my little sweet
house would adore a gathering
space much like the ones I've
collected below. As many of



you know, our little house is...
well....
little.

 and there is no mystery that a banquette would save space
AND
create space.

I could add some space under the benches for cookbooks,
baskets of linens for dressing up my table,
or maybe even pretty mixing bowls.


Note to self:
Hang a map of the United States on the wall -
it looks amazing and is WAY cool all at the same time!

k - sorry for that little interuption...

...  I DO have to say I adore my dining set that I have but,
I can't resist thinking how lovely it could be to have such a cozy space
like these...

and I really could combine some of my existing chairs and
maybe even my table...
right?
table bench breakfast nook via southernliving Banquette Bonanza & Free Virtual Design!

And pardon me as I drool all over those painted wood floors.

*drool*drool*drool*

I think also having a drop light fixture would add
a bit of playfulness and
I adore this round lampshade.
domino mag banquette via thelaurelhedge blogspot Banquette Bonanza & Free Virtual Design!

I'm quite sure but I think I've already posted this picture before but I can't get over
how similar it is to our space that I'm thinking of for a banquette
as our space is also surrounded my windows
just like this one.

Oooooh. That old-fashioned fisherman's light fixture is calling my name.

...wonder if I could buy one of those off Ebay for ooober cheap.

hmmm.....



Now all I have to do is figure out who can build me one of these beautiful banquettes...

Maybe my ol' Pa?!

I mean - he did build my mom a whole house! Lol!

1 comment:

Jackie said...

Better get your name on his list before his next semester of school starts in September!!!!

love ya
mom

There was an error in this gadget

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Search herHousehold