Tuesday, July 12, 2011

~ dirty girl & dirty boy ~

A
couple weeks ago, baby
girl was looking particularly
shabby. I was excited to get
to have my go at grooming
her thinking it was going to




take me 6 minutes flat
as she is about
as big as
gallon of milk.

I was sadly mistaken.

It took me 3 hours! My kids played SO nice during that time.

I was so thankful - until I looked at the clock when I was near done and realized it was 2pm
and my kids hadn't even ate lunch yet!




You know that moment when your kids realize they are starving,
they're tired, you're tired and you're trying and trying to wrap
things up so you can tend to them and you're just not moving fast enough  -
then something more happens to set you back and things just get worse and worse?



THAT is exactly what happened this day.
I took this cute little picture of the finished product of Iz and..


SHE WENT AND ROLLED IN THE DIRT!


Not just any dirt.

The really fine powdery dirt that my chickens play in
to clean themselves off with!


THEN!

My husband pulled up.

Oh yes - it just got better and better.

Starving children - finally groomed dog but is now completely filthy! ...

and then my husband pointed out this to me...





William was SO STARVING he started eating dirt!
Yay!
Dirt!



That's right buddy - how does that taste?

Nummers!


Thankfully - the husband tended to the children.

He cleaned up the filthy, fed the hungry,

&


I handled Mizz Izz and all was good.
Our Daddy to the rescue!

2 comments:

Susan Freeman said...

You have a happy life and thanks for sharing it with us!

Lots of love and hugs,
Susan and Bentley

Boy Crazy said...

That was so cute! And I love the T-shirt, with the attitude, in the first dirt-eating pic. CRACKS ME UP. I know that wasn't the point, but LOVE it!!!!!!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Search herHousehold