Thursday, May 6, 2010

give a little ~ get a little

I'm sure a lot of you have heard of the book:


The Five Love Languages:


How to Express Heartfelt Commitment to Your Mate


by Gary Chapman.




I have yet to read this book (I've yet to read any book since I have 2 kids)



This book goes off of the idea that there are Five Love Languages:



1. Words of Affirmation



2. Quality Time



3. Receiving Gifts



4. Acts of Service



5. Physical Touch





I know what kind of Love Language my partner has but I wasn't sure on myself - so I went HERE to take a quiz and find out.





This is what I found out:



Quality Time!

My husband had me pegged as an Acts of Service lover - what wife/mother doesn't like help around the house?





I definitely do!



But nope!



I'm a Quality Time gal!


Now, if you see Physical Touch is least important on my love list - I'm just not touchy feely - I have my reasons and -well... I'm a little broken -in that sense but that is another post for a different day - maybe.

I have no problem loving on my kids but for some reason I just don't think about it with my husband and well...

I need to work at it more and more and be more aware! Because as you can guess my husband is a Physical Touch guy. Going off of my percentage of Physical Touch you can guess that this is a struggle for me. Leaving his little love cup empty when I don't really try and force myself to be aware of his needs.

So. Do you know what type of Love Language you have - what fills your love cup?

How about your spouse's Love Language?




4 comments:

Brambleberry said...

We received that book as a wedding gift from the pastor who married us. What a treasure. I've read it a few times over the years, but isn't it funny how easy it is to slip back into loving our spouse in our own language?! And then we wonder why the bumpy roads come!

Good luck to you as you practice loving in your husband's language!

Anonymous said...

I read this book awhile ago and I had a hard time deciding which one is mine. I liked them all!!

Annikke said...

I got that book as a gift a couple years ago. I have no idea what my husband's Love Language is, but I should really find out!

Krista said...

I really enjoy that book. I think men often have physical touch as their love language, but it is not always sexual as some people think. I know that holding hands ans little hugs go a long way. Also words of affection go a long way too. You are not broken, just a little bent :) I think you are a great preson and a great inspiration. I need to re-read that book. I think mine my have changed because the first time I took it I was working 50 hours a week and now I work 24 hours a day as a mother and wife.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Search herHousehold