Thursday, February 25, 2010

"just happened to"

The refinance has gone through on our house! Both the lady who helped us at the bank and the lady at the title company kept saying things like, I haven't seen anything like this go through for a long time or we haven't done one of these yet. I just kept smiling bigger and bigger in my heart because I knew my God is mighty and he had his hand in this the whole time. We've been praying about this for about a year/ year and a half - trying to figure out where we are supposed to be or what God wanted us to do. See we made a really bad decision and got a 5 year ARM on the home we are living in and we had about a year and a half left before the payment would adjust a few hundred dollars more than our current payment - which would inevitably put us back at home living with Mimi and Papa :). Totally not possible! So when a co-worker of Ben's mentioned a lady for Ben to call and see if she could help us with our refinance we jumped on the opportunity. Well... she "just happened to" work for the lender of our mortgage. Ben called her on our way out of town during Christmas and met with her the week we got back. Then we found out she "just happened" to have a friend who worked at the bank that held our 2nd mortgage. Our loan was the first to go through that any of these bankers had done and I don't know the technical stuff but something "just happened to" recently change with some mortgage rules and regulations that freed up the process a little so our loan could go through. So, now instead of a nasty 5 year arm we are the proud owners of a traditional loan. We will now be paying ourselves rent instead of the bank!!

It is of the LORD's mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not.
They are new every morning: great is thy faithfulness. Lamentations 3:22-23

3 comments:

Jackie said...

I love to watch God work. His timing is perfect, His ways are nothing short of miracles. My heart is Praising Him for being so good to us. Even when I am unlovable and don't see how He could care. He Loves me so unconditionally.

to the moon mom

Shelley in SC said...

Love the connection of the verse with the story!! He is SOOO good!

Krista said...

I am happy for you. Finances are such a bugger to deal with. I hope you feel less stress now.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Search herHousehold