Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Attitude Adjuster!

When we were growing up my mom had a stick called the Attitude Adjuster! In puffy paint, she had "ATTITUDE ADJUSTER FOR SAMI JO, JODI DAWN, AND CASI JEAN" wrote on it! I actually can't remember - even one time getting spanked with that stick but it was there just-in-case! And it is a funny story to tell as and adult! My mom cracks me up!

But right now I need that stick... for myself! Although I feel like I am walking, breathing, speaking, eating all in slow motion because I am so tired... (totally feel like this!) I can't even think... (I got this way with my last pregnancy too during the first trimester) and I know I need to rest if I'm tired but I think it is almost a laziness now. I'm known for being lazy and I just can't seem to get out of my funk. Spring is here! I should want to do Spring cleaning and yard work. I've been trying to make sure to eat good and drink my water - not just starting now because I'm pregnant but I've been working and succeeding at this for a while. I used to be a list girl too... I would write my day down and get to work on it - checking things off as I accomplish them.
Being a stay-at-home mom is tough for me sometimes that way I guess if I let it because I very easily take on the attitude that who cares if I get dressed today - no one sees me, no one cares anyway! Why should I clean my house, I'm too tired .. .. .. .. is it nap time yet? or I'm hungry! I'm gonna puke!! I guess I just need to be patient and do what I can and the rest will come!
Something, of course, that always helps is waking up earlier than my boy and blogging and reading my Bible. I'm very thankful for my mom and sisters though who tends to send me little emails of verses and encouragement - I'll keep plugging along and I know I'll come out of this funk and feel better for it! There is lots to do around here and most importantly we have a very important guest coming to visit in about 8 months! :)

2 comments:

Jackie said...

I remember your lists. They were great. I agree that the first and most important thing you can do for you and your family is to get up and start your day by feeding your soul, you wouldn't go through the day without feeding your body, you must feed your soul and with that you are arming yourself against the battle. Satan come to kill, steal and destroy and you must be prepared by memorizing God's word and putting on your armor, the full armor.
We must prepare to fight the battle of being tempted, with whatever Satan temps us with. I am so proud of you. Take it one minute at a time and just keep your focus on glorifying God with whatever you do. Nothing you do is un-important, do it all for Him.
to the moon
mimi

Krista said...

I was also very tired during the first trimester when I was pregnant. It was so very hard for me. I love my list. There is something great about crossing things off. i'm sure you are doing great. I have every confidence that you are doing the best you can. i love reading scriptures. I love to read my scriptures and then journal about my blessings or my thoughts and impressions. I will be praying for you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Search herHousehold