Wednesday, April 13, 2011

~ heartsong ~

We've been spending
a lot of time outside
lately. The weather has
been pretty gorgeous

and of course, outside is the perfect place for kiddos to blow off some energy!

My kids usually make their way to their swing set or their kids' garden tools to go play in the dirt. While I will usually follow them out to make sure they get settled and push them on the swings if they want me to and then I'll make my way to our patio furniture and either tinker around on my lab top or I'll take pictures of the kids. Love taking pictures.

Yesterday, I didn't do either.

I just sat down and relaxed. I watched the kids play and listened to their awesome imaginations and their sweet voices. As many of you know, my little sister has moved in with us along with her 3 year old daughter which I'll refer to as Sweet Pea on here. Sweet Pea and Pauly are the same age, Sweet Pea being 3 months older, they play together from dusk till dawn. I think the newness of Sweet Pea living here has worn off as Pauly has finally stopped talking and bickering with her in his sleep.

secret numbers...12x12inch mixed media painting
(source for beautiful mixed media art piece found here on Etsy by BlueBeeDesigns)


As I sat there listening to their amazing creative minds running I heard a bird that must of been particularly close because Man! he was loud and I have to say at first, I thought, quite annoying! I was thinking in my mind - wish that bird would shut up! So annoying!

Then I thought about it for a second.

How dare I not take great pleasure in this bird's song. Did you know that no two birds have the same song? They all are unique and different in their own beautiful way.
secret numbers...12x12inch mixed media painting
(source for beautiful mixed media art piece found here on Etsy by BlueBeeDesigns)

And then I thought about our songs... in our hearts.

We all sing different songs. We all have a song that sings sweet praises to our Lord for his unconditional love and grace. For his precious hand in our every day.

Then I thought about how it seems like my heartsong is stronger at times verses other times. Do you ever find that? Like it seems like there is a blockage or something hindering my voice preventing it from it's full potential.

secret numbers...12x12inch mixed media painting
(source for beautiful mixed media art piece found here on Etsy by BlueBeeDesigns)

Maybe it is me chasing worldly treasures, or it's me letting my daily craziness putting a frog in my throat. Whatever it is - it's tough to recognize what it is and it's even tougher to deal with it so that your heartsong can be heard loud and clear.

Anything stealing your heartsong? Or are you the reason that maybe someone else's heartsong is not as strong as it should be? Are you stealing someone else's heartsong?

I know that I have totally caught myself stealing someone's heartsong. Especially when my heartsong is not so strong and it's just skipping all over the place, it isn't clear and well... it's just a mess. And then at times if I let myself - I'll get jealous of someone else's stronger heartsong that I'll catch myself being rotten and ugly and not realizing it, incedently tripping them up of their heartsong so they are just as muted and miserable as I am... ugly huh.

Been there?

And what does your heart song sound like? Tell me.

To describe mine, I would have to say it sounds something like Morning by Grieg Edvard. Have you heard it? Click here to listen on YouTube.

To be honest, if I'm in the word and listening to praise and worship music... my heartsong is a lot stronger. Far more clear and crisp.

I pray that I can be more aware of my heartsong as well as other's and maybe just maybe I'll be a voice to encourage their heartsong to be stronger...

secret numbers...12x12inch mixed media painting
(source for beautiful mixed media art piece found here on Etsy by BlueBeeDesigns)

God bless that little bird and his sweet heartsong,
 because even through a random lil bird's song,
my sweet Lord found a way to draw me closer.

Hearts,

3 comments:

Boy Crazy said...

Love this!

Jackie said...

I really love this post as well. It is only when we are still that we can hear our Lord.....

Thanks for sharing
mom

Cherie Wilson said...

The bird doesn't sing because he knows the answer, but because he has a song. Fav quote! Happy Easter Sister Sami! XOXOX You sing just marvelous here on your blog! Thank you for blessing us with that:)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Search herHousehold