Saturday, February 5, 2011

~ more beautiful you ~

Going through
Brave Girls Soul Restoration
class for the last four weeks
I've obviously done a lot of

soul searching.
soul reevaluating.
soul "cleaning",
if you will.

I have to admit before I started I had given up, really
I felt like I wasn't worth the trouble.

Whatever I wanted to change in my life - it just felt like it was
WAY TOO overwhelming.

I've really been reminded of my value
to my God in this.
My sister sent me this video link a few weeks back and it has helped me so much.
Yes, there are things I need to work on.
Yes, there are things I need to change.

But honestly,
God loves me for me.
Me, Sami Jo...
right now, needing a shower,
needing to lose weight,
needing to learn how to be more patient, more thankful,
needing to learn how to be quick to listen - slow to speak.
Spilt coffee on my shirt and all.
Me. He loves me for me.

So comforting.

For You created my inmost being; You knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made. Marvelous are Your works.
 Psalm 139:13-14

It is still my hearts desire to be my best ME I can be.
I'm remembering to put all my selfish reasons aside, it is all to give him the Glory.
He deserves my best and so do my kids, my husband and
so do I.




2 comments:

nic said...

SO much truth in this post. you are a treasure, sj.

Jackie said...

I am so proud of you my Sami Jo.
I love you so much, always have, always will. I am so happy that you was my first born. What a blessing you are to me. I love everything about you. I love the way you are reaching for God every moment and allowing him to work, there is no greater joy than to know your children walk with the Lord. What a beautiful women you are becoming. I praise the Lord everytime I think of you.
to the moon
mom

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Search herHousehold