Wednesday, January 5, 2011

~ forward ~

After I had our second son, Mr. William, I was blessed by a sweet gal named Trudy, who is the wife to my husband's manager.

Trudy organized a time with me and slaved her little heart away cooking and brought us a dinner to remember! She made us Chicken Enchiladas, Refried Beans, Rice and a scrumptious dessert ( I say scrumptious because I don't exactly remember what she made - case of the mama brain :) I just remember it was REALLY good) There might of been something I'm missing... - Oh! Corn! She brought us corn! Ooooh it was buttery and delish! She totally catered to our every single need. She brought Napkins, Paper Plates, she even brought gifts for the boys (because it was around Christmas Time).

Totally.
&
Completely.
Spoiled.
Us.
Up!

I remember making a vow to myself that I was going to do the same for someone else. I had to! I had to play a part in making someone feel the way that Trudy made us feel. 

So today - I got up - started roasting my chicken at 8:30 am, fed the boys banana pancakes, played around on Facebook and then promptly made my way back to the kitchen for the next few hours.

I loved every minute of it.
I baked these cookies.

Tagging along will be this Chicken and Biscuit Stew
 and this Apple - Feta Green Salad.

and when my sweet boys wake up from their nap - I will load them up...

and we will go for a little drive...

to deliver these goodies to a girlfriend of mine who had
their
2nd baby boy
about a month ago.

::sigh::

Feels so good to do good.

1 comment:

Maiden Jane said...

MMM, I'm hungry looking at those gorgeous photos. What a wonderful thing to do. I always appreciated the help after my kids were born and try to do the same!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Search herHousehold