Monday, February 8, 2010

At least it wasn't a total bust...

Yesterday, we got up early, made it to church with everyone dressed and put together. Church was good - our message was mainly about recognizing God's love. (John 3:16) Realizing that he gave his only born son for us... It just boggles my mind when I think about that. Love is such a simple word and yet, so deep and complex. Amazing love, how can it be?

After church, we went out of town about a half hour to Granny and Grandad's (Ben's mother and step dad) We stepped in the house to be greeted with an amazing spread of appetizers and the delicious smell of Granny's pork roast finishing up in the oven. I had brought a few appetizers to add to hers and also my fabulous roasted butternut squash. I had roasted it the night before and took all the meat out of the skins so all we had to do was warm it up in a casserole dish.

Dinner was divine! I ate tooo much! After lunch, I took a few pics of the boys before and during nap time.

Watching the Super Bowl game stunk for sure! I'm pretty sure my mouth was dropped open in disbelief for the majority of the game. But at least we got in a lot of family time and played some cards. It was wonderful.

3 comments:

Jackie said...

I sure miss them babies. They are growing and changing so fast. March seems too far away.

mom

Krista said...

Your boys are so cute. I am sorry you didn't enjoy the Superbowl. At least church was good. I hope that next year will bring you more smiles during the football season

Boy Crazy said...

Your boys are so handsome!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Search herHousehold