I hate the word resolution... just makes me uncomfortable. So I decided to write down 10 things for 2010 (fitting don't cha think?) on things I want to change and do better. Here goes...
2) Cook more and better for family - We are huge fans of eating out and we always say we'll do it only twice a month but it always changes to more. I know this will help with our overall health and weight problems. I do a great job at making menus, shopping (w/ hubby's help) and I love to cook for the most part and Ben totally helps me! But getting to the cooking part when I really don't feel like it - is totally something I struggle with.
3) Kiss my husband good morning and goodnight every day even when I think he stinks.... or I stink.
4) Start a Mother's Group at church - I've talked about this before and with the New Year here my Mother's Group needs to get going. I have a lot of ideas and will have more updates later about the fun things we'll be doing!
5) Potty Train Pauly - I know he is going to do awesome!
6) Volunteer and be more involved at church -I used to do some things at church BUT since I had #2 boy those things have been put on hold but I need to get going again and also I know I can do more so I'll work at this!
7) Make an effort to do something romantic and fun with husband once a week - The weeks come and go with same old thing. We need to jazz it up, maybe it is surprise him at work with a picnic basket or maybe it is surprise him at home with a fun date planned for just the two of us. Effort is the key word here!
8) Organize the house - A whole year, I should be able to make some huge strides in the right direction.
9) Paint kitchen and Living room - this is not only a balancing struggle - I mean, how do you paint and manage a 2 year old and a tiny baby? and it is a money struggle. But again a year! We should be able to come up with something shiny!
10) Establish a recycling and compost system - Reuse! Reuse! Reuse! Love it!
Well when 2011 comes we'll look back and see how this year went as far as these goals and ideas to make life better! yay!