Monday, January 11, 2010

Get Goin' in 2010

I hate the word resolution... just makes me uncomfortable. So I decided to write down 10 things for 2010 (fitting don't cha think?) on things I want to change and do better. Here goes...
1) Establish a good routine - our morning/daily routine varies. Other than nap time we don't really have a routine. We wake up, get dressed when we feel like it, make beds (sometimes or never) and just bump around (if we aren't going any where) I just want to establish a better routine including getting to bed at same time (earlier - crossing my fingers), exercise time slot, cleaning schedules and so on.

2) Cook more and better for family - We are huge fans of eating out and we always say we'll do it only twice a month but it always changes to more. I know this will help with our overall health and weight problems. I do a great job at making menus, shopping (w/ hubby's help) and I love to cook for the most part and Ben totally helps me! But getting to the cooking part when I really don't feel like it - is totally something I struggle with.

3) Kiss my husband good morning and goodnight every day even when I think he stinks.... or I stink.

4) Start a Mother's Group at church - I've talked about this before and with the New Year here my Mother's Group needs to get going. I have a lot of ideas and will have more updates later about the fun things we'll be doing!

5) Potty Train Pauly - I know he is going to do awesome!

6) Volunteer and be more involved at church -I used to do some things at church BUT since I had #2 boy those things have been put on hold but I need to get going again and also I know I can do more so I'll work at this!

7) Make an effort to do something romantic and fun with husband once a week - The weeks come and go with same old thing. We need to jazz it up, maybe it is surprise him at work with a picnic basket or maybe it is surprise him at home with a fun date planned for just the two of us. Effort is the key word here!

8) Organize the house - A whole year, I should be able to make some huge strides in the right direction.

9) Paint kitchen and Living room - this is not only a balancing struggle - I mean, how do you paint and manage a 2 year old and a tiny baby? and it is a money struggle. But again a year! We should be able to come up with something shiny!

10) Establish a recycling and compost system - Reuse! Reuse! Reuse! Love it!

Well when 2011 comes we'll look back and see how this year went as far as these goals and ideas to make life better! yay!

2 comments:

Jackie said...

Good to have goals, I love making the lists too.
mimi

Krista said...

Those are great goals. i know you can do it! I look forward to hearing how it is going.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Search herHousehold