Monday, February 16, 2009

Little Room that Could!

These are some pictures from my son's room. I had the help of my sisters, my mom, my mother-in-law and my hubby with his nursery. I had this room all planned out in my mind - I left for the weekend to visit my family and came home and my hubby had taken it on himself to paint - which was fabulous! BUT it wasn't the color I had dreamed about... Being my crazy pregnant emotional self... I just balled. But as every piece all came together - this room turned into a little bold colored sanctuary! and I love it so much!

I got a lot of my decor ideas from Land of Nod, Pottery Barn Kids, and Target. Every furniture item in the room was either bought on craigslist, given to me or I already had it. My mama did buy me new bedding which I believe came from Target (doesn't everyone love Target?) and I made the little banners that are hanging across the tops of the window treatments (boy... was that a chore at 7 months preggers :) I painted the four little colorful canvas blocks to match blocks on his quilt. I painted the little night stand a light celery green and the rocking chair... (which you can't really see) I painted bright white. It is such a bright inspirational space. I just loved hanging out in there even before our baby was born and now that he is 17 months old ( I KNOW I CAN'T BELIEVE IT!) there are many occasions that we all just go in there to play and hang out! Hope you are inspired by my favorite room in the our home (well... so far :)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Search herHousehold