Thursday, January 8, 2009

Did you ever?

Did you ever see someone in so much pain - maybe a loved one or maybe even a stranger, maybe it was an illness, a financial hardship or maybe even a family tragedy. And you wished that you could make things work out for them and fix everything, make things all better - so that the next morning when that person woke up it was all over and they could just breathe again and they could live their life as usual and not worry or stress.

These type of situations have been arising in my life with some of my loved ones- and I wish that there was some power I possessed so that I could fix their problems. Then of course the holy spirit chimes in and says - I'm here for them - all they have to do is ask. I'm not saying that bad things haven't happened to me and I know it is probably terrible for me to look at these situations and FINALLY realize how fortunate I am... but I do and it does help me to realize how blessed we are and just to realize that I don't have to worry about the stress of fixing these situations for these people... I don't even have to worry about fixing things in my life MYSELF - I just have to rely on Christ - He has all in his hands and he has a plan if we just listen.

Today Pauly was eating his lunch (the regular chicken breasts and green beans - Pauly is almost always eating chicken and some form of veggie. He is my Chicken and Veggie Machine :) We were rocking out to the radio, which is something we do daily! Anyways... a song came on KTSY called "Hope Now" By Addison Road. This song always bring me back - I Heart!

Lyrics to "Hope Now" by Addison Road -
If everything comes down to love
Then just what am I afraid of
When I call out Your name
Something inside awakes in my soul
How quickly I forget I'm Yours
I'm not my own
I've been carried by
You All my life
Everything rides on hope now
Everything rides on faith somehow
When the world has broken me down
Your love sets me free
When my life is like a storm
Rising waters all I want is the shore
You say I'll be ok and Make it through the rain
You are my shelter from the storm
Everything rides on hope now
You've become my hearts desire
I will sing Your praises higher
Cause Your love sets me free

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Search herHousehold