Monday, June 27, 2011

* happiness in housework #2 *

T
he other day I was doing laundry
and weirdly enough this stack came
out to a perfectly Roy G. Biv...





It totally put a smile on my face
and it spoke to my heart as a sweet
little message from God saying, "I see you".

"I see you folding the laundry and serving those you love. Taking care
of your family working hard to make sure their every need is met."

"I see you, Sami Jo."

I often struggle from, I think mostly exhaustion at first - which morphs into thoughts of why?
Why is this all on my shoulders?

I cook the meals, clean the house, plan the menu, get the groceries, pay the bills, make sure there are clean clothes, feed the kids, feed the dogs, groom the dogs, nurture, love, clean, nurture, love, clean.

And around around it goes.

Why does it feel like the world doesn't move unless I get things shakin'?

This verse really spoke to my heart recently when I was asking God this very question -

1 Wives, in the same way submit yourselves to your own husbands so that, if any of them do not believe the word, they may be won over without words by the behavior of their wives, 2 when they see the purity and reverence of your lives. 3 Your beauty should not come from outward adornment, such as elaborate hairstyles and the wearing of gold jewelry or fine clothes. 4 Rather, it should be that of your inner self, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is of great worth in God’s sight. 5 For this is the way the holy women of the past who put their hope in God used to adorn themselves. They submitted themselves to their own husbands, 6 like Sarah, who obeyed Abraham and called him her lord. You are her daughters if you do what is right and do not give way to fear.
1 Peter 3:1-6


And honestly, I have it pretty nice - I have a sister who does pitch in around the house and a husband who doesn't mind picking up groceries at the last minute as well as cooking dinner once a week or so.

It's just tough to not get caught into the ... WHAT ABOUT ME? attitude that is so easy to fall into.

The above verse is such a good reminder of what type of spirit we need to serve others in as well as Biblically how we should be as wives to our husbands.

"...the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit..."

this is what I shall keep aiming and striving for.

2 comments:

Jackie said...

AWESOME POST TODAY.
SO PROUD OF YOU.
to the moon
mom

Krista said...

Women that get to stay at home are amazing! I think you are wonderful and your family is blessed to have you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Search herHousehold