Thursday, June 10, 2010

in the Congo

I know that all of you have those few things that your spouse's do that drive you crazy. I also have those things that if I really focus on them will drive me crazy and Satan, being so dependable in this avenue, keeps feeding that fire to talk me right into hating my husband's guts and livers,

if you know what I mean.

For example, he doesn't do the lawn exactly the way I want it but he does it... well, not near as often as I think it should be done... but you know what I mean.

I've never attempted to do the lawn myself, I've figured that if I did I would be stepping on his toes and it would just cause more heart ache than help. Plus, I'm sure I wouldn't "handle" the lawnmower/weedwacker

Am I the only one who calls them a weedwacker? uhem...

...anyways, handle them correctly, I probably wouldn't mix the gas and oil well... whatever it is... correctly - I would just get myself in a heap of trouble, I'm sure.

I don't know those details and my guess is if I asked him to explain, he would tell me he takes care of it and I don't need to know those things...

So I don't ask him to explain it and no way am I going to Google "how to properly tend to a lawnmower and weedwacker".

Most importantly, I think he would plotz if he came home and I had messed with his stuff...

and there our yard sits growing like a rain forest in the deepest of the Congo.


And he is happy with it.

He obviously thinks it looks fine or he'd fix it... right?


It really doesn't hurt anything - I mean we don't have a cranky home owner's association president telling us that our yard looks trashy and there are

only a few people stopping by weekly to see if this place is abandoned or not! *wink*wink*

Nope, it really doesn't hurt much and he likes to do it -

so, instead of fighting him...

I'd rather have a peaceful home ...

and Lord knows, my chores are NOT perfectly executed and completed - I haven't seen the bottom of the laundry hamper in who knows how long, my kitchen is grease fest 2010 and my windows... well, let's not even talk about the windows.

So, I think before I start critiquing the Congo I better go scrub that crumb infested/ oil splattered kitchen...

and keep my bad attitude to myself from now on.

James 3:6-12
"6 And the tongue is a fire. The tongue is an unrighteous world among our members, staining the whole body, setting on fire the cycle of nature, and set on fire by hell. 7 For every kind of beast and bird, of reptile and sea creature can be tamed and has been tamed by humankind, 8 but no human being can tame the tongue-a restless evil, full of deadly poison. 9 With it we bless the Lord and Father, and with it we curse men, who are made in the likeness of God. 10 From the same mouth come blessing and cursing. My brethren, this ought not to be so. 11 Does a spring pour forth from the same opening fresh water and brackish? 12 Can a fig tree, my brethren, yield olives, or a grapevine figs? No more can salt water yield fresh."

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I loved this post! I have taken an attitude like yours in recent years, but I had a bad attitude in the first few years of marriage. I wish I had been more mature then! My husband never, ever makes a comment if the house is messy or dinner is not ready. So I should definitely watch my mouth when I feel like critiquing him!

Annikke said...

I think one of the hardest things about being married is getting used to another way of doing things or another TIMING in doing things. I have a friend who was married for 9 years and when she divorced I was talking with her and she said the reason she left is because of the way he did dishes. *jaw drops* ... "the way he did dishes was cause for divorce?" and her response... "Yes. Instead of filling the sink with hot soapy water he would put soap on each dish and scrub then rinse in hot water." ... "uhhhh, really? THAT was cause for divorce?" She stood by that comment for a few months then one day called me up crying and told me that she felt horrible for divorcing him over that. She tried to reconcile and he was not having it (can't say I blame him). Now, when my husband doesn't do something the way I would, or when I think he should I replay my friends words in my head. It is hard when he doesn't load the dishwasher the way I would or won't load it at all. BUT I don't want to end our marriage over THAT.

Susan Freeman said...

The grass is growing like crazy with all this rain we've had!! I can understand your frustration. Try complimenting him and being sweet and see if that method works. My hubby is on his own time schedule too. After 21 years of marriage, I've learned to overlook that schedule. One thing that helps though is when the grass gets so high that Bentley gets lost in it. THEN David will cut the grass. Shall I sent Bentley over??

Love,
Susan and Bentley
xxoo

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Search herHousehold