Monday, March 8, 2010

soi·ree also soi·rée (swä-r)n. An evening party or reception.

A few weeks ago I was invited to a Ladies Only Oscar Party. I thought there was no way that I would be able to go but with my husband's help we figured out a way to make it possible. And I am so glad that I was able to! I knew it would be fun but I didn't know it would be as amazing as it was. The particular gal that put it on (in our eyes) is known for her fabulous cooking, amazing hostess skills and thoughtful presentation. Bottom-line She's got skills!

William was my date for the night. We got there and of course, the perfect little hostess greeted me at the door and I was so excited to be there! I love her home, first of all it smelled amazing - her home is so tidy, and I love her taste in decor. Very good taste.

She had the table set up beautifully,


And under each place setting was our little menus that she had obviously put a lot of thought and love into. She had named each little appetizer/dish after Oscar nominated movies.

It was marvelous!


I think my favorite appetizer was the Pear Tartlets aka Inglorious Bastards (Pear and Gorgonzola cheese set inside a lightly golden crusty phyllo crust in the shape of little cups... Delectable! There were like 4 other appetizers. She really spoiled us!

This is a picture of a Baked Brie dish. I believe, it was brie wrapped in phyllo dough with cherries and walnuts. It was divine.

I thought for sure that one of the gals was going to put it in her purse.


She really "blue" us away when she pulled out the Avatar Dressing. For dinner she made us Manicotti and Roasted Asparagus wrapped in bacon. I don't have any pictures of dinner... I was too busy eating! Same goes for dessert.

She had three different desserts for us to pick from and they were Raspberry Cheesecake with Oreo Crust (my favorite!), a lemony cake dessert, and adorable little 'Up' cupcakes. - (I really wish I got a picture of those - they were a chocolate cupcake with white frosting then little (I think) yellow toothpicks coming out the middle of the top of the cupcake that then stuck into a donut hole that she had been frosted and dipped into sprinkles that were every color of the rainbow (just like the balloons in Up).

I was going to grab one for Pauly but I totally spaced it. I figure I'll make them for him for his Birthday or something! They were super cute!

Next we all sat down and watched the Oscars together. She had printed out little lists for us and we all guessed who would win in every category and whoever got the most guessed correctly got a prize and then another game she had was Bingo and she had printed out little sheets that had boxes and in every box it said something like someone crying, someone kissing their spouse, Lead Actor, Coca-Cola commercial and so on - and when you spotted one of them you got to put a sticker on it and the first person with a "Bingo" won!


I was not a winner but I didn't care we had a ball!

All the gals were super fun and so sweet to help me with William.

We all bawled when Sandra Bullock got up to accept her Oscar and did her speech - wasn't she exquisite? Love her! & I think her husband is awesome... did you see him - he was crying, it was precious.

I would have to say my "best addressed" award goes to Rachel McAdams. Isn't she beautiful? and that dress I really loved it!!

& I realized that my sister Jodi kind of looks like her! Isn't that weird!?

zimbio.com

Anyhow, I had never been to an all ladies party (not as an adult anyway) and I realized how good it was for my heart to be around those gals.

I feel refreshed (although super tired today) and well... I'm just so glad I got to go - I loved it!


Did you enjoy watching the Oscars?





4 comments:

redeemed diva said...

I didn't watch the Oscars but I sure enjoyed reading this. Girl time is a good time. glad you got to go.

Shelley in SC said...

Wow!! What a fabulous party!!! I'm loving your new profile picture too : )!!

Ashley Schott said...

This looks like the most fun ever!! What a cool idea! I want to go to an Oscar party, or maybe host one next year! I loved Rachael McAdam's dress too! She is so pretty:) That dress what gorgeous on her.

Brian and Jodi Brown said...

That sounds like it was a blast. I am glad you went and had fun sis!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Search herHousehold